Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Plan, Civic EV 2.0

I am developing a plan for installing the newly acquired EV parts. For the time being, I am going to continue to use the motor I have and get that blower installed, which I now have all the parts for. I have done some range tests, and will do some more to gather data.

My plan is to install the new motor, but in order to do that I need new adapter plates and motor mounts. I am going to put the motor on the bench and clean it up, adjust the brush timing and get the commutator cleaned up. It has been sitting for 7 years, but spins up just fine. This is the list of things I want to do:
  • Remove Transmission and have new plates made for the FB1-4001A
  • Upgrade to a stiffer Coilover system
  • Rewire EV with the better 2/0 gauge cable and proper lugs
  • Mount PakTrakr and AMP meter to dash
  • Build metal frame for the battery racks
  • Rebuild front control tray
  • Setup K&W BC-20 Charger
This is pretty much Civic EV 2.0 because of all the upgrades/changes.

I am saving up the money required for the new plates, and hope to have the new Coilovers ordered soon. My plan is to get the motor/transmission to the machine shop, and while they work on it I will work on the rest of the EV. My time is limited due to classes, and I spent two weeks on the plates before, probably 40+ hours of cutting work, and just don't have the time. Everything else is small, probably a weekend's woth of work and a few people already have shown an interest in helping out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews