Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Range Tests

Now that the PakTrakr is installed I have started driving around town and tracking voltages, mileage and estimating range. This cold weather is awful for the batteries. I have done two trips so far and I don't have any definite range info yet. I still don't think the PakTrakr has calibrated completely yet so I need to drive more.

I am compiling a spreadsheet with all the information I have been collecting. These cold tests show I have about 11 miles of winter range, and a few weeks ago I did a drive in 60F weather and I estimated a 33 mile range. I am still breaking in the batteries and have not finished the insulated battery box. I have also noticed that each time I charge the batteries, they seen to take the charge better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews