Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Trying out the new car

Got the Chevy Volt today--whew--that was a lot of money!  Hope it's worth it!

The car is very easy to drive, so that is really nice.  The dashboard looks really cool, but I have a lot to learn.  The radio works and I can listen to KPFA, so that's good.  Also, I can plug my digital recorder in and play the songs we just rehearsed at La Pena Community Chorus, so I'm very happy about that.

I just got back from chorus rehearsal, and plugged in the car since I had used all the battery in driving it from San Leandro to Berkeley and back.  I was surprised to see it say that the battery would be fully charged at 9:30 AM tomorrow--I thought it was supposed to charge in about 8 hours.  This is more like 11 hours, so that is a problem to be examined.

Tomorrow I'll drive it to San Diego, so I'll have a good chance to get a feel for the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews